Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday!


Hello!

So I made it through day two of watching my intake of carbohydrates.  I’m not going to say I’m struggling with not having bread, or anything that contains major amounts of carbohydrates, but I do find it amazing how almost everything has them in it.  Today while watching my intake and eating around carbohydrates I still managed to go over 20 grams.  I think trying to limit myself to 20 grams a day is to few for me. 

Two things I’ve noticed in the past two days are my protein and fat intake are both up higher than normal.  That is because I’m eating more meat because there are no carbohydrates in meat.  Majority of the red meat we eat in my house is very lean and organic because we buy cow meat straight from a friend who doesn’t pump the cows full of crap.  I’m happy to see me protein level go up, but I’m going to need to try and control my fat intake being a little higher than normal.

Through just these past two days I’m realizing there are a lot of factors that play into eating healthy.  I’ve proven along with many others that just watching your calorie intake can help you shrink down and lose weight, but just because you are thin does not mean you are healthy.  I’m trying to focus more on eating healthy which in time will hopefully make me feel better and be at a healthier weight.

Meals Today

Breakfast:
1 Egg & 1 Egg White Scrambled
2 Sausage Links

Lunch:
¾ Chicken Caesar Salad (Pita Pit)
1.5 oz. Vanilla Frozen Yogurt (Yo Licious)
6 Blueberries
2.5 Strawberries

Dinner:
2 oz Top Round Steak
½ tbs. of Heinz 57 Steak Sauce
1 cup of Spring Mix Salad
8 sprays of Balsamic Breeze Vinaigrette Dressing

Snacks:
½ cup of Strawberries
2 String Cheese
1 Dill Pickle
½ oz. Cheddar Cheese
10 Pepperoni


Nutrient Details


Calorie Breakdown

My eating may seem rather odd, but I’m experimenting with trying different things instead of always sticking to the same snacks or meals others or myself normally eat.  I never felt hungry today and really enjoyed all the foods I did eat.  I was very proud and happy with my decision to get a small amount of Yo Licious frozen yogurt with fresh berries.  I do agree if you deprive yourself or feel like you are, you will go off track.  


~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment