Sunday, August 21, 2011

Update for two CrAzY weeks!


It’s been a little over 2 weeks since my last update.  I assure you it’s been a very fun filled 2 weeks though J.  This blog post will be all about what’s happened since my last update.

Friday the 5th was a packed day.  Adam and Courtney’s wedding rehearsal was in the late morning.  That was a little crazy because it made me realize wow after all this planning my friends are finally getting married.  The wedding coordinator was a little scary, but we managed to laugh and make the best of it.  Then everyone in the wedding party went to a park for a BBQ.  It was a nice relaxing lunch.

Me at the BBQ!
Courtney’s Bachelorette party went very well.  I stayed sober because I knew I had nobody looking out for me that night.  Normally Aaron and I watch one another drinking so without him I don’t drink too much.  First we started at a local tavern for a few drinks while waiting for the HOT PINK hummer limo to pick us up.  Then we headed to downtown Portland to Darcelle’s (drag queen show) and that was a kick in the butt!  There was no way you were getting out of there without laughing.  Then we went to Bar 15 and had some fun on the dance floor.  The whole night was a success!

Mel (Bridesmaid), Me (Bridesmaid), Courtney (Bride), Lauren (Maid of Honor), & Rose (Bridesmaid)
Sunday the 7th was my nephew Ramsey’s 5th Birthday party!  It was adorable because it was a dress up party.  Most of the kids came in costume and if they didn’t there was a box of costumes for them to use.   There were hot dogs and chips for lunch. My sister in law is so creative she decided to have a “dress up your cupcake” table as well!  The kids absolutely loved it, oh whom am I kidding…I LOVED IT!  Who doesn’t like to option of making your cupcake what you want it to be?

Dress up your cupcake station!
My nephew Ramsey enjoying HIS cupcake!
Monday the 8th was finally the BIG wedding day for Adam and Courtney!  It was crazy having to wait most of the day to get the festivities going.  Aaron and I headed to where the wedding was being held around 2:30pm because of traffic, but ended up arriving early.  We weren’t aloud in the rooms to get ready until 4:00pm.  As soon as we were aloud in we started getting hair and make up ready.  The Bride and Maid of Honor were running a little late do to hair and make up appointments that ran late.  We all enjoyed some chatting and champagne while waiting for time to pass and pictures to be taken.   There were lots of pictures taken J.

The ceremony was beautiful and short.   Luckily my boyfriend decided to videotape the special day for the two of them as a gift so they will always have that and pictures to look back on.  We enjoyed a nice dinner and some dancing before everyone had to head off because it was a weeknight.  I think everything looked beautiful and the Bride and Groom were very happy with the way everything turned out.

Rose doing my hair.
Aaron and I  at the wedding. <3

Wedding party!
Tuesday was my rest and recoup day from all the festivities throughout the weekend and Monday.

I worked two days and then it was off to another vacation…

We left Friday the 12th for Sand Lake (4-wheeling) for 5 days!  I was so ready to get out of town and far away from cell phones and Internet.  I look forward to this camping trip every August!  Aaron’s family and mine both go along with a few other people to relax and enjoy 4-wheeling.  The weather was beautiful and we got in lots of fun activities.  My Dad brought my brothers quad (Yamaha Raptor 700) and I rode it.  Let’s just say my Dad and I are now getting one because we fell in love with it.  The speed and comfort was unlike any other quad I’ve ever ridden before.  SO MUCH FUN! 

Aaron and I at Sand Lake 2011
Sand Lake (view of the ocean)
Now it’s back to my normal work schedule with no scheduled vacations until the Holidays L.  


No comments:

Post a Comment