Friday, November 25, 2011

Moving On and Letting Go...


Hello!

Let’s start out by saying I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family yesterday.  I have a pretty large immediate family and it’s always nice when we can all get together and catch up.  My nieces and nephews are all growing up so fast!  Plus of course plenty of delicious food.  In my Mom’s opinion calories don’t count on Thanksgiving...

Today started out great!  I woke up and made a healthy breakfast for myself to start the day out right.  However, I did manage to burn my left hand pointer finger right on top by the nail so that put a little damper on things for a bit.  I even started logging some food into MyFitnessPal again today!  Around 10:30am I figured it was time to get my butt on the treadmill and get Week 5 Day 2 (Couch to 5k) done!  And let me tell you I did it!  The first 8-minute interval I had to run was a piece of cake, but the second interval my legs felt like Jell-O.  I pushed through the entire workout, but I was so thankful when it was over.  I then proceeded to go through photos and get a bit of organizing done so I can catch up on my scrap booking J.  Aaron (boyfriend) came over later in the evening and we enjoyed a nice relaxing night in just the two of us watching movies.

Something did kind of put a crappy twist on my evening, but it was inevitable.  I’ve kind of come to realize lately that I don’t want negative people in my life and because of that I’m pretty positive one of my friendships ended tonight and the sad part is I’m not even upset about it.  Who wants to be friends with someone who likes to be intentionally cruel, bossy, and has no respect for your relationship with your significant other or anyone else’s for that matter?  No way in hell do I want a friend like that!  It sucks realizing it was time to let go, but some things can’t be taken back or forgiven.  I’m just thankful I have an amazing boyfriend/best friend who stands by my side through anything.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment